Analysis of people’s perception on Warner Bros’ decision to cast Ben Affleck as Batman
Ben Affleck is under fire after he accepted to play batman in the upcoming movie man of steel which may release in the year 2015. Social media was full of passionate batman fans panning Warner Bros’ using blunt posts full of anger to innovative hashtags full of sarcasm such as #BetterBatmanThanBenAffleck. The fans though are not to blame considering the legacy Christian Bale has left behind. In the words of a Ben Affleck fan on Facebook: ”Those are big shoes to fill in. Bale has owned batman since 2005 while Ben has only one superhero movie to show off and the sad part is Daredevil was the worst movie of his career”.
We know that the question in your mind is: “What are the sentiments of masses on Ben Affleck”?
Here are the key findings of the people’s perception based on the sentiment analysis performed using EaseSocial:
• With 74% negative posts around the casting of Ben Affleck as batman, the verdict is as clear as the presence of terrorists in the streets of Pakistan. Only 9% posts were positive, some of which have been included in this report(scroll down to read). But a key point to note here is: Heath Ledger too was panned by everyone after Christopher Nolan chose him as Joker. But come the release of The Dark Knight and Ledger proved that he was the toughest villain batman ever faced.
Noise analysis performed by EaseSocial:
• EaseSocial defines Noise as the number of time a particular keyword has been mentioned in Social Media, “more the mentions more the noise.”
EaseSocial monitored social media responses around the keyword Ben Affleck in all the major social media networks and found:
• Analysis of social networks clearly showed that users on GooglePlus and Facebook were the most active. Twitter users too were active and there were around 3000 posts about Ben on Twitter.
Preview of user comments found by EaseSocial :
Here are some comments posted across social media networks, EaseSocial shows both the comments as well as the sentiment of the comments: (Every comment has a bar below it, which we call the Sentiment Bar. Longer Green Bar means more Positive sentiments while longer Red Bar means more Negative sentiments)
How posts on Ben Affleck were trending across Social Media:
As can be seen from the analysis below, 29th august saw the maximum number of posts on social media.
Who are the Social media Influencers with respect to Ben Affleck:
We call those accounts social media influencers, whose posts have gained the maximum popularity across social media. Popularity is represented in terms of likes, shares and retweets.
What we have to say on this:
Whats with all this negativity guys? Give the guy a chance. Ben has already faced a lot of unjustified social media wrath. He’s a talented actor and may justify Warner Bros’ trust on him. And if he again pulls off a Daredevil why bother, it’s a superman movie. Enjoy the performance of superman.
How Sentiment analysis can be beneficial to brands:
• Engaging your audience on social media is a herculean task. Your target audience may or may not be interested in you postings, blogs and other uploads across social media. Trending topics are always helpful but which of those can actually help you to engage your target audiences is always a tough ask. So, how do you know if your target audience would actually like what you have to say? Well, the simple answer is: Do a sentiment analysis on the trending topics using Ease Social and find out the response on various social media networks.
• EaseSocial also helps you to review the popularity of your previous posts, hourly and daily noise, the social media network which is enabling the maximum penetration to your brands posts and many more helpful statistics.
• Suppose, if a brand wants to associate with Ben Affleck, then it should do a quick sentiment analysis about him and understand the public sentiment towards him. If the sentiment is positive then it will be extremely beneficial to associate with him but as is the case now, associating with Ben may not be a good idea right now. Hence, EaseSocial can be a powerful medium that simplifies marketing research.
• Sentiment Analysis also provides an opportunity for failing brands to understand where they are lagging and what is it that they need to improve.
You can also download this report from the link given below. Hundreds of users are using Social media sentiment analysis to gain useful insights. Generate your own sentiment analysis reports using EaseSocial. Sign up for EaseSocial today and experience the power of social media.